An excavator grading beam is an attachment that is used to level and smooth surfaces. It is a wide, flat plate with a leading edge that is often serrated or angled. The grading beam is attached to the excavator’s arm and is used to push or pull the soil.
The main function of an excavator grading beam is to:
- Level surfaces: The grading beam can be used to level out uneven surfaces, such as dirt roads or construction sites.
- Smooth surfaces: The grading beam can also be used to smooth out rough surfaces, such as concrete slabs or asphalt driveways.
- Create slopes: The grading beam can be used to create slopes, such as for drainage or landscaping purposes.
- Remove debris: The grading beam can also be used to remove debris, such as rocks, roots, or old concrete.
Excavator grading beams are a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of grading and smoothing tasks. They are a valuable addition to any excavator’s toolset.
Here are some additional details about the function of excavator grading beams:
- They are typically made of steel or aluminum.
- They come in a variety of sizes, depending on the excavator and the application.
- They can be used with a variety of excavator attachments, such as buckets and rippers.
- They are a relatively inexpensive attachment.